Sunday, October 31, 2010

WHAT should we wear??

What should we wear?  I get this question A LOT.  It is usually followed by should we all wear white?  To which I always answer - no, please don't wear white.  Not that all white, (white shirt, blue jeans) doesn't look good it's just not my taste.  I think white should be reserved only for the BRIDE. 

I recommend monochromatic colors, like shades of blue, green, or tan.  What color do you look good in?  Does your family also look good in that color?  Odds are they do.  If not, you could also go with complimentary colors.  The same shade of different colors, like fall colors with similar hue (light or dark).

When looking at a color wheel, complimentary colors are opposite each other.



















The closer into the circle the darker the colors get (more black is added).  I like the mid section!

This color wheel has the hue I like the best!


















The colors are more muted like a watercolor. 

For the Bonnie & Clyde shoot I also had shots taken of my family.  I set the pose and camera settings and asked my sweet neighbor Val to snap away.  Not her fault that the pictures weren't dynamo, I had trouble getting the kiddos to cooperate.  I thought about telling them to do it for me for my birthday - AFTER the shoot.  Oh well, will use that line next time.  Although the expressions aren't the best I love how the outfits blend together.  Mark and I are in black.  Moving from left to right, Rach has some yellow and black in her outfit, Mark has black and yellow, I have black and blue, and Adam has Blue.  It isn't monochromatic, but all of the colors compliment each other and we each have the same color on going left to right.  I think it makes a more cohesive picture.  Now if I can just get my kids to smile.

















Happy Halloween, More Treats than Tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment