Monday, October 4, 2010

"The Night Before...Christmas" Limited Edition

Most of my sets begin as just an idea.   But just like designing for any room in your house there is going to be a focal point.  One item that you build the room or "scene" around.   The excitement of Christmas for me isn't the actual morning.  It's the night before.  The excitement, the anticipation, the sweet family time.  So excited to see the joy in someone's face that you have shopped for.

This year's Christmas card set is just that - "The Night Before Christmas".   The settling in, the smell of baked goods mixed with cinnamon candles.  It's the hot cocoa for the kids and a pretty champagne cocktail for the adults. (ok eggnog for some, just not me).  It's reading the bestest nightime story.  It's snuggling in an old iron bed. 

I'm still working on the linen's, and will post the design drawings in a few days, but I found the bed!
So GLAD I found it.  Isn't it perfect?


































I found this jewel at one of my new favorite shops in Gonzales:  Discovery Architectural Antiques, 409 St. Francis St, Gonzales, Texas.  You can check them out line at: http://www.discoverys.com/
Sweet!  I CAN'T WAIT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment