Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Presentation...Why it matters

I was about 12 years old that summer when my cousin Michelle came to spend a week with us. She had some spending money her dad gave her. But what did she buy...candy? a new baseball? a new hula hoop? NO. She bought makeup. I was simply bewildered until I saw the packaging. What beautiful colors, and textures, and bows. It smelled nice. It made me feel special just to pick up one of the boxes. I wasn't interested in the lipstick - what self respecting short-stop wore that? But I fell in love with the packaging, the smell, and the beautiful colors.
I have shared that story many times - in marketing classes, and MBA classes, and at sales seminars. If you have a product that someone wants to buy why not make them feel special at the same time? My goal with High School Senior Photography is to take amazing images that makes the client feel good about themselves and super anxious to show their friends. That's why it matters - feeling special feeds the soul.

Here are Alex & Glenda's goody bags for tonight's preview party of their portraits. If this doesn't feed their soul - at least it will feed their tummy's with very good chocolate!





No comments:

Post a Comment