Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Order of priorities...Did I get it right today?

Working full time and doing photoshoots 2-3 times a month keeps me hopping.  I have dreams ALOT about whether I'm doing the right thing.   I'll dream I'm busy working and forget to pick the kids up from school, or  I'm busy playing with the kids and forget to go to work - or call my boss.  I know most Mom's feel the same way, whether you work outside the home or not - you wonder if you should be doing it the other way around.

But the kids have gotten "into the act" from the beginning.   Rach and I can be out shopping and when I stare off into space she'll say "You've got another photoshoot idea, don't you?".   Nine times out of ten I do and I'll run it by her.   It's kind of like when a golfer talks about how he used his 7 iron on number 12.  Just not nearly as irritating! 

A few days ago I needed to go downtown to capture some images for a series of Note Cards I'm designing.  Mark didn't like the idea of me going by myself so we all went.    It was a really busy downtown Saturday night in Austin.  They dropped me off (with camera and ladder) in front of my landmark.  I made quick work of it and we were on our way home.   Maybe not as much fun as a round of golf - but just as much quality.  And it didn't take four hours.

I strive to keep my priorities in the right order.  I know sometimes my parenting skills are lacking.  But I also know that doing what makes my heart sing gives me joy and a peace inside that is difficult to describe.  Yesterday Rachel said "I am so Happy", "I just LOVE my life", with that she danced out of the room.  
I danced right behind her.

I can't take a picture dancing...so here's a recent snapshot!


Although we have gotten rain lately, this is still Texas. The kids love it when Balcones water the greens!

No comments:

Post a Comment