Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm so not COOL! And I can prove it...

Funny Story.  When we lived 45 minutes from Manhattan we would always take visiting friends to the Big Apple.

Anyone that has ever eaten in a restaurant there knows that space is at a premium and you are usually sat with other people.  Total strangers.  On one occasion we were sitting with friends at a downtown chinese restaurant when the host sat a large family and their friends at our table.  No prob, we all got along fine.

When it came to the end of the meal and we were handed our fortune cookies I said "WAIT a minute!".  When you read your fortune you are suppose to say "IN BED" at the end of it. Cause I'm so cool right?  So we went around this big round table and everyone would finish their fortune with the words "In BED".  Everyone thought it was funny.  We laughed at every fortune.

When we left and were walking to the car my husband turns to me and said I can't believe you did that! (as he was laughing).  I asked why? everyone thought it was funny.  He said yeah, especially the Methodist preacher and his family visiting from South Carolina...    I am so not cool.

As I was fumbling in my top desk drawer this afternoon I found the last fortune cookie I got.  It was so good it had to be saved.


I hope I'm living it.  Cool or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment