Monday, March 22, 2010

Sometimes you gotta laugh...

I've never been one of those Super Mom's but I consider myself very capable - at most things. When I was a child I learned to sew at the lap of my Granny. She made quilts. Every woman in my family made quilts, therefore I learned to sew. Or did I? I had made handmade quilts as Christmas gifts several years in a row, small size, just perfect for curling up on the couch. So when I needed long black gloves (child size) for the recent "Breakfast at Tiffany's" photoshoot I thought I will just sew them. I had scoured Austin trying to find just the right pair to no avail. Off to Hancock Fabrics the kids and I went. I made a pattern and pinned it up just perfect. The result was an absolute disaster. The fingers were cut so small I had to use a skewerer to turn them right side out. Luckily I found some the day of the event. I have since pinned up the disaster glove to my inspiration wall. Not to use as an example the next time, but to remind me to keep trying - smile when you do it right, laugh when you don't. Here are a few pictures of the cut-out pattern and the finished product.




LOL...

No comments:

Post a Comment